Thursday, August 22, 2013

Presence

The theme for semester 4 is presence. To me, presence is building and maintaining relationships and having your work serve a purpose. Whenever I plan a lesson, I make sure it will benefit my students in an academic or social way. One way my students will know the purpose of the lesson is by stating the learning objective in student friendly language. Students respond to lessons better when they know the overall outcome.

This theme is appropriate for semester 4 because as a student and teacher I am constantly reflecting on relationships and my lessons in my classroom. At my new teacher workshop meeting, the superintendent talked about making a positive presence in the community. Since Monticello is a small community, everyone talks. We were "warned" to always be seen in a positive light because you never know who is watching you.

No comments:

Post a Comment