Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Me Bag

At the beginning of the year, I have my students create a Me Bag. This is just a paper lunch bag that the students get a chance to decorate.


I like to use white paper bags because they look nicer and the kids like decorating them. I have the Me Bag placed on each students desk at Open House. I stapled a cute poem describing what to do with the bag. You can find the poem by clicking the link below.

Me Bag- TpT FREEBIE



The students decorate the outside of their bag with things they enjoy doing that most people would know just by looking at them or talking to them for a little bit. The students bring in 3-5 items in the bag. These items are special things that not many people would know right away.



I have my students share these during the first week of school. They really enjoy getting up in front of the class and talking about themselves. It gives me a chance to get to know the kids as well as the students getting to know one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment